Oct. 10, 2008 - Soeren Sonnenburg - email@example.com
SHOGUN Release version 0.6.7 (libshogun 0.0,
data 0.0, parameter 0.0)
This release contains several cleanups and bugfixes:
- Implement KernelNormalizer class with a couple of normalization functions that can now be attached to almost any kernel via set_normalizer() in the modular and set_kernel_normalization in the static interfaces. This fixes a long standing bug in the WeightedDegreePositionStringKernel normalization WARNING will break compatibility to all previously trained WD-shift kernel models, use FIRSTELEMENT / CFirstElementKernelNormalizer for an *approximation* to the previous buggy behaviour. Also breaks WordMatchKernel as for this kernel normalization is now enabled by default.
- The custom kernel no longer requires lhs/rhs features (it will create its own dummy features)
- Linear kernels don't use kernel cache (only slows down things)
- Integrate the Oligo string-kernel (from Meinecke et.al 2004)
- Remove use_precompute hack from SVMLight.
- Add precompute_kernels function to turn kernels appended to a combined kernel into CustomKernels (i.e. precomputed ones).
- Add distances BrayCurtis, ChiSquare, Cosine and Tanimoto.
- Support Intel MKL on 32bit archs.
- Fix compilation when atlas/lapack is not available.