Dec. 1, 2011 - Soeren Sonnenburg - firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOGUN Release version 1.1.0 (libshogun 11.0,
data 0.3, parameter 0)
This release contains several enhancements, cleanups and bugfixes:
- New dimensionality reduction algorithms: Diffusion Maps, Kernel Locally Linear Embedding, Kernel Local Tangent Space Alignment, Linear Local Tangent Space Alignment, Neighborhood Preserving embedding, Locality Preserving Projections.
- Various performance improvements for dimensionality reduction methods (BLAS, alignment formulation of the LLE, ..)
- Automatical k determination mode for Locally Linear Embedding dimension reduction method based on reconstruction error.
- ARPACK and SUPERLU integration.
- Introduce the concept of Converters that can embed (arbitrary) feature types into different feature types.
- LibSVM is now pthread-parallelized.
- Create modshogun.dll for csharp.
- Various new c# examples (thanks Daniel Korn and Ori Cohen).
- Dimensionality reduction examples application is introduced
- Octave_static and octave_modular examples fix.
- Memory leak in custom kernel is now eliminated (thanks Madeleine Seeland for reporting).
- Fix for linear machine set_w method (thanks Brian Cheung for reporting).
- DotFeatures fix for assert bug.
- FibonacciHeap memory leak fix.
- Fix for Java modular interface typemapping bug.
- Fix errors uncovered by LLVM / clang++.
- Fix for configure on Darwin-x86_64 (thanks Peter Romov for patch).
- Improve lua / ruby detection.
- Fix configure / compilation under osx and cygwin for variuos interfaces.
Cleanup and API Changes:
- Most of the inline functions have been (re)moved to the corresponding .cpp file
- Libshogun is now being compiled with sse support for math (if available) but interfaces are now being compiled with -O0 key which drastically reduces compilation time
Aug. 31, 2011 - Soeren Sonnenburg - email@example.com
SHOGUN Release version 1.0.0 (libshogun 10.0,
data 0.2, parameter 0)
This release contains major enhancements, cleanups and bugfixes:
- Support for new languages: java, c#, ruby, lua in modular interfaces (GSoC project of Baozeng Ding)
- Port all examples to the new languages: Ruby examples with example transition tool (thanks to Justin Patera aka serialhex)
- Dimensionality reduction (manifold learning) algorithms are now available. In particular: Locally Linear Embedding (LLE), Hessian Locally Linear Embedding (HLLE), Local Tangent Space Alignment (LTSA), Kernel PCA (kPCA), Multidimensional Scaling (MDS, with possible landmark approximation), Isomap (using Fibonacci Heap Dijkstra for shortest paths), Laplacian Eigenmaps (GSoC project of Sergey Lisitsyn)
- Various new kernels: TStudentKernel, CircularKernel, WaveKernel, SplineKernel, LogKernel, RationalQuadraticKernel, WaveletKernel, BesselKernel, PowerKernel, ExponentialKernel, CauchyKernel, ANOVAKernel, MultiquadricKernel, SphericalKernel, DistantSegmentsKernel (thanks GSoC students for the contributions!)
- Streaming / Online Feature Framework for SimpleFeatures, SparseFeatures, StringFeatures (GSoC project of Shashwat Lal Das)
- SGD-QN, Online SGD, Online Liblinear, Online Vowpal Vabit (GSoC project of Shashwat Lal Das)
- Model selection framework for arbitrary Machines (GSoC project of Heiko Strathmann)
- Gaussian Mixture Models (GSoC project of Alesis Novik)
- FibonacciHeap for efficient shortest-path problem solving (thanks to Evgeniy Andreev)
- Efficient HashSet (thanks to Evgeniy Andreev)
- ARPACK wrapper (dseupd) for symmetric eigenproblems (both generalized and non-generalized), some new LAPACK wrappers (Sergey Lisitsyn)
- New Statistics module for various statistics measures (Heiko Strathmann)
- Subset support to features (Heiko Strathmann)
- Java externalization support (Sergey Lisitsyn)
- Support matlab 2011a.
- Fix build failure with ld --as-needed (thanks Matthias Klose for the patch).
- Fix initialization error in KRR static interfaces (thanks Maxwell Collins for the patch).
Cleanup and API Changes:
- Introduce Machine, KernelMachine, LinearMachine, LinearOnlineMachine, DistanceMachine with train() and apply() functions and drop Classifier.
- Restructure source code layout: Merge libshogunui and libshogun into src/shogun and move all interfaces into src/shogun. Split up lib into lib, io and mathematics.
- Create a single 'modshogun' module resembling the functionality found in libshogun. Now octave_modular and other modular interfaces work reliably.
- Introduce SGVector, SGMatrix, SGNDArray, SGStringList for transfering object-pointers and meta-data from/to shogun.
- Classes no longer store copies of e.g. matrices, and just pass pointers on set/get operations.
- Stop using new / delete and switch to SG_MALLOC, SG_CALLOC, SG_REALLOC, SG_FREE macros.
- Preproc renamed to preprocessor, PCACut renamed to PCA